For some following a grain-free/paleo diet can be a daunting task; when you're always looking for easy but also delicious substitutions to make classic comfort foods. Having a sweet breakfast isn't something I do often but when I indulge, I go all the way. A big stack of warm and fluffy, gluten-free pancakes topped with runny homemade sunflower butter, paleo granola and dairy-free yogurt? No problem, that won't take much convincing.
It's breakfast time, I know you're hungry and would rather I cut to the chase - so here's what you need to know, to make yourself these fantastic Coconut Flour Collagen Pancakes.
Coconut Flour Collagen Pancakes
- 2 duck eggs (chicken eggs will work fine)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened hemp seed milk (any plant-based milk will work)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 scoop of Organika’s Relax Collagen Powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp true cinnamon
- Dairy-free yogurt (I used Forager Project Cashewgurt)
- Paleo granola (I used Purely Elizabeth's Coconut Cashew Grain-Free Granola)
- Nut, seed or coconut butter
1. Using a hand-mixer, beat eggs in a bowl until frothy. Add in milk, vanilla and maple syrup.
2. In another bowl, combine coconut flour, collagen, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Whisk ingredients together evenly.
3. Stir half of the dry mixture into the wet and mix evenly. Let it sit for a few minutes.
4. Preheat a non-stick pan with a little coconut oil over medium heat.
5. Add remaining dry mixture until evenly incorporated.
6. Scoop out 3 tablespoons of batter for each pancake, cook for 2-3 minutes until bottom browns slightly.
7. Flip pancakes and cook for another couple minutes.
8. Stack them up high and top with dairy-free yogurt, grain-free granola or nut/seed butters.